USE YOUR VOICE!
ASK YOUR U.S. REPRESENTATIVE TO CO-SPONSOR H.R. 4373
Dear Supporter of Adoption:
If Congress does not act, the tax credit as we now know it will expire on December 31, 2012.
If the adoption tax credit helped you or someone you know to adopt a child or if it could help you in the future to adopt a child, call your representative today and urge that he or she cosponsor the bipartisan bill H.R. 4373, the Making Adoption Affordable Act.
We are contacting you today to urge you to call your representative in the U.S. House of Representatives. You can reach your representative by calling the U.S. Capitol operator at 202.225.3121 and asking for your representative's office. If you don't know your representative's name, go to http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/ and enter your zip code in the box provided.
- I am a constituent in your district and the adoption tax credit is important to me. (It matters to me because…)
- I urge the representative to become a co-sponsor of The Making Adoption Affordable Act, H.R. 4373.
- If Congress does not act, the credit as we now know it will expire in December 2012.
- H.R. 4373 is bipartisan and it supports all types of adoptions (domestic private, foster care and international adoptions).
- This tax credit has made adoption a more viable option for many parents who might not otherwise have been able to afford adoption, allowing them to provide children with loving, permanent families.
- Thank you for your support of H.R. 4373.
If you want to learn more about the adoption tax credit go to http://adoptiontaxcredit.org/
Also, “like” the Save the Adoption Tax Credit mission on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/AdoptionTaxCredit
Thank you for taking a few minutes to make this important phone call!